Dip8 Dual mono to Single dip8 OP AMP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I beg your pardon to all member of this thread. i am very much novice electronics hobbyist! i can't figure it out. I want to use my PC sound card Center/buss Chanel with a Dual mono OP AMP.

Resource:

1. Auzen X-meridian Sound card.

2. LM4562NA & OPA2111kp OP AMP.

3. veroboard.

I NEED a schematic to make DIP8 MONO TO DIP8 Single Adapter with LM4562+OPA211KP.

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 401
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 332

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
All you need to do is map the power pins and in+, in-, and output of ONE of the op amps in the dual package to the standard pins of a single op amp (use NE5534 pinout for reference).

dual op amp pin 1 -> socket pin 6 (output)
dual op amp pin 2 -> socket pin 2 (in-)
dual op amp pin 3 -> socket pin 3 (in+)
dual op amp pin 4 -> socket pin 4 (V-)
dual op amp pin 8 -> socket pin 7 (V+)

All you need to do is map the power pins and in+, in-, and output of ONE of the op amps in the dual package to the standard pins of a single op amp (use NE5534 pinout for reference).

dual op amp pin 1 -> socket pin 6 (output)
dual op amp pin 2 -> socket pin 2 (in-)
dual op amp pin 3 -> socket pin 3 (in+)
dual op amp pin 4 -> socket pin 4 (V-)
dual op amp pin 8 -> socket pin 7 (V+)

Need to build a PCB from this prototype

Attachments

• PCB.JPG
    PCB.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 398
Why on Earth would you make such an adapter?

Instead of using 2 single Op Amps (think TL071 for example) , use the dual version (in that case TL072) and call it a day.

Unless you want to use a "superior", "NASA approved" single exotic Op Amp which does not have a dual version (yet).

Believe me, being as is a part of a PC soundcard, where 99% of the Audio processing is digital, "improving" the humble Op Amp which lives there, and which probably is not more than a buffer or a low gain stage, will not change sound at all.

Now if you want to go wild, forget the Op Amp and go direct to this:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

no, it's not Photoshopped, but a real AOpen product .

Instead of using 2 single Op Amps (think TL071 for example) , use the dual version (in that case TL072) and call it a day.

Unless you want to use a "superior", "NASA approved" single exotic Op Amp which does not have a dual version (yet).

Believe me, being as is a part of a PC soundcard, where 99% of the Audio processing is digital, "improving" the humble Op Amp which lives there, and which probably is not more than a buffer or a low gain stage, will not change sound at all.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

My main objective is watching Home Cinema with 5.1 DTS and Dolby Format.

There are lots of good opamps that don't have a dual version - LT1028, LME49990, OPA627, OPA827, AD797B, etc. People use these all the time for upgrades, using a Brown Dog or similar adapter that allows plugging 2 single opamps into a dual opamp socket.

I wouldn't have believed it, but to each his own. I definitely wouldn't be running plate voltages on the same board where most of the logic runs on 3.3v or lower.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.